Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Up .2... Walking In Place

So, after a weekend of connectivity issues and replacing a router, the blog is back.  And, based on the .2 pound change since Thursday, my five days seems uneventful at the very least, and lacking any progress at the worst.  Like walking on a treadmill, lots of things are moving, but little has changed.  So, here's a recap...

Thursday, April 3 - "Grazing" - After a trip to San Diego, my Mom was back in town and wanted to have dinner with us and catch us up on California stories.  To avoid a Mi Ranchito or Texas Roadhouse catastrophe, my wife suggested we just pick up Collette's.  While not great, a sandwich at Collette's and being good the remainder of the day should be at least good for a break even day.  She agreed and I was confident that this dinner was not going to set me back! 

I ordered the sandwich and then asked my son if he wanted to order an extra order of pasta with meatballs because I wanted one bite of the pasta and one meatball.  My first bad addition.  So, I ate my sandwich.  Then had my bite of pasta and my meatball.  And, then we sat at the kitchen table and listened to stories... and I started grazing.  First it was a couple more bites of pasta.  Then it was some small chunks of bread I gave to the dog while also taking matching bites.  Then it was the chiles I love so much, first on bread and then on Dorito's that my son had gotten out and left on the table. Then some more pasta.  I grazed my way to a 1.6 pound gain.  Sure, better than Mi Ranchito, but still less than desirable.  Grazing is a bad habit.  Next time I need to remove myself from the table and listen to the stories elsewhere.

Weight on Friday, April 4 - 254.6

Friday, April 4 - "The Exception" - As far back as Lori's visit to Chicago, we had talked about going out for margaritas and chips and salsa.  Lori continued to talk about getting a margarita each weekend after that and I kept pushing it off.  Not because it didn't sound excellent.  But, because I didn't want to slow my momentum.  These are the exceptions I have talked about that would be fine when I am sub-220.  But, not so fine at 250+.  But, I realized that I had put it off long enough and I accepted the exception and everything that would come with it. 

So, dinner on Friday was chips and salsa, some guacamole, and some bean dip along with some margaritas.  The night was excellent.  We ran in to some friends we hadn't seen in a few months and had a great time.  And, I gained another pound.  It was worth it.  Now, I can go another 6-8 weeks before we do it again and it's out of both of our systems.  Exceptions by choice are much easier to handle than the gain from mindless "grazing".

Weight on Saturday, April 5 - 255.6

Saturday, April 5 - "Sam-ples" - Not sure what happened on Saturday.  We weren't horrible. At worst, I expected a slight loss.  But, it was another day filled with a lot of grazing and the worst thing were the samples at Sam's Club.  I had stopped eating the samples when I was being really good.  I haven't gotten back to that discipline yet.  Saturday ended up being the ultimate "walking in place" kind of day.

Weight on Sunday, April 6 - 255.6

Sunday, April 6 - Three days of exceptions, only one planned.  Enough was enough.  Sunday was a solid day and I was back in the groove.  Good days are pretty boring... so, I won't bore you.

Weight on Monday, April 7 - 254.0

Monday, April 7 - Another pretty decent day.  Zzzzzzzzzz....

Weight on Tuesday, April 8 - 253.2

So, I have been all over the place and find myself right back where I last left you.  Which means I wasted five days and fell even further behind my pace.  But, I stayed positive, I enjoyed a night out with Lori, and I am ready to get busy again no worse for the wear.

Here's to walking in place...

Starting weight (this time): 278.4
Current weight: 253.2
Change from previous: +0.2 (via +1.6, +1.0, no change, -1.6, -.8)
Total: (25.2)
Total Days: 64
Ahead/(Behind) Pace: (13.3)

No comments:

Post a Comment