Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tough Week

Since I last blogged, my progress hasn't gotten much better.  The last five days included a dinner at Mi Ranchito and a relaxing night of pizza and beers on the riverwalk at Angelo's.  I am in a funk.  I am not sure what has happened over the last 11 days ever since getting down to 253.  Not sure what the cause of my general malaise has been.  Maybe I needed a few days mentally.  Maybe that is just a lame excuse for my bad decisions.  Either way, enough is enough.

My weight on Wednesday was 254.0, up .8.  I gained 2 more pounds after Mi Ranchito and weighed 256.0 on Thursday.  That weight was actually higher than what I weighed when I last returned from Chicago.  On Friday morning, the damage was .8 and left me at 256.8.  Angelo's cost me another pound.  So, yesterday morning, I weighed 257.8, higher than when I left for Chicago the last time!

I woke up yesterday and realized that this new positive-energy-never-get-angry-at-myself-take-it-all-in-stride attitude wasn't cutting it.  So, I am going back to the Anthony that doesn't let Anthony take these bad weeks in stride.  That Anthony would be kicking this Anthony's ass right now!  Instead of calling it a "week of exceptions", I am calling it "The Lull Before The Storm".  Yesterday, I decided that it was time to devote three straight weeks to NO exceptions.  It's time to buckle down and be perfect for a stretch of time.  It's time for a storm.  It's time for a three week storm.

This morning I woke up down 3.6 pounds from yesterday.  I am back to 254.2 and glad that the week of exception didn't cost me more than a few days and a little more than a pound.  And, glad that I am still committed to this journey.

By the way, for those who have read this blog for the past few years and make an immediate association with Mi Ranchito and me gaining weight, well, you are correct.  That connection exists. But, after some recent poor experiences there, you will be happy to know that I don't plan on returning.  The service, food, and most importantly, margaritas, have fallen off drastically.  That should be good thing for my weight loss... until I find a new Mexican restaurant.

Here's to the impending storm...

Starting weight (this time): 278.4
Current weight: 254.2
Change from previous: +1.0 (via +0.8, +2.0, +0.8, +1.0, -3.6)
Total: (24.2)
Total Days: 69
Ahead/(Behind) Pace: (16.8)

No comments:

Post a Comment