Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Daily

dai·ly

  [dey-lee] 
adjective
1.
of, done, occurring, or issued each day or each weekday

Such a simple word.  Daily.  It means every day.  Not weekly.  Not every other day.  Every day.  Such a basic premise.  Yet, I can't for the life of me seem to be able to abide by my promise to post to this blog and enter my food in myfitnesspal.com daily.  I admit that it is easier for me to post good news than bad.  But, I have found that even on my good days I still struggle to make it a priority to post.  

For example, I actually was finally able to break 250 pounds!  After being disappointed last Wednesday that I was the same weight, I woke up Thursday and weighed in at 249.4!  I was thrilled.  Yet, I still didn't find the time to blog.  That night we went to Texas Roadhouse and I did really good.  No, really! I did.  I was intent, as always, to not go back over 250 after breaking it.  I walked out of the restaurant proud of myself.  Then I gained 1.2 pounds the next morning.  

The weekend wasn't much better and included me making a bad choice on Saturday night and drinking and eating far too much at Buffalo Wild Wings.  Last night, more bad as we went to Colorado Springs to see Lori's sister's new house and ended up at Red Robin.  The worst part was that I had way too many calories and I didn't even enjoy my meal.  Ultimately, there is no worse feeling than eating too many calories and not thoroughly enjoying them.

The net results since I last wrote is a gain of 2.6 pounds and leaves me at 253.0.  The bad news is that I haven't done much over the last three weeks.  The good news is that despite all of this I remain surprisingly positive and still feel good about where I am at and where I will be over the next couple of months.  Tomorrow is a new day... which means a new blog... and new entries in MFP.  Daily.

Here's to dictionary.com...

No comments:

Post a Comment