Thursday, September 8, 2011

YOU SUCK

As many of you know, and I may have even spoke of it here, I have an Excel spreadsheet where I have tracked my progress over the last year and a half.  At one time, early on, it included my nutritional info, exercise, and weight.  Lately, I have only been updating my daily weight.  Well, as I gained weight, I added a column to the spreadsheet that compared my current weight against last year's weight on the same day.  My goal was to try to be lower than last year.  I knew I was getting close, but hoped I wouldn't be heavier than a year ago.  The column does some math and then has a formula that returns the value "good" if I am still lower than the previous year.  So, for the last six weeks or so, I have continued to see "good" in the column.  I forgot what the value in the formula was if I was heavier.  Well, today I entered in my weights for the last week and I found out.  In bold capital letters, my spreadsheet said "YOU SUCK".  On August 29, I weighed 1.6 more than last year.  Then I was "good" over the next five days.  I have sucked once again since September 4.  In fact, it has been as high as a 6.6 pound difference.  Well, the spreadsheet doesn't lie... even if it was kind of rude about it.  Let's see how long it takes me to get back to "good".

No comments:

Post a Comment