Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Streak Ends

After 549 straight days, my exercise streak finally came to an end.  I knew it would take sickness or an injury to prevent me from working out.  And, I was right.  I felt like crap on Wednesday and Thursday.  But, I still felt good enough to exercise.  Yesterday was different.  I came home and my head felt like it was about to explode.  My stomach didn't feel good.  My body felt exhausted.  And, I was tired.  Despite all this, I still asked Lori if she wanted to go on a walk.  She begged me to sit on the couch and rest.  So, we watched a movie.  I felt worse when the movie ended.  Yet, I asked one more time if she wanted to go for a walk as I struggled with the thought of ending my streak one day shy of 550 days.  It took everything I had to make myself not go and I had to mentally convince myself that the streak wasn't as important as I had made it out to be.  Finally, I let it go and went to bed.

I managed right at a year and a half.  Today I feel even worse.  But, as soon as I feel even remotely better, I will start again.  Here's to a new streak...

No comments:

Post a Comment