Saturday, November 20, 2010

204.0!!!

Under 205!  Only one barrier to go!  I felt overwhelmed when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that number.  I wasn't expecting it.  You all know what a big emotional baby I am.  So much so that I actually started crying on my drive over to the club this morning every time I ran that number through my head.  Two hundred and four frickin' pounds!  One hundred and nine pounds lost!  Crazy.

Since I am on the topic of being emotional.  Wouldn't you think that all of the televisions in a workout area on a Saturday morning would be tuned to ESPN and college football?!  I didn't pay attention, got moving on the treadmill, and then realized that the television staring me straight in the face was on the Hallmark channel.  With a full room of ladies, I didn't dare get off the treadmill to switch the channel.  So, there I was watching some Christmas story with Gary Sinise that I had seen before.  A tear jerker, as if they play anything else on the Hallmark channel, about a reunion of a father and a daughter and the obligatory love story.  So, there I sat reading the captions and watching the second half of this movie.  Despite knowing how the movie was going to end, I soon found myself tearing up when the sad blind girl says goodbye to Sinise's character and again when everything ends happily.  Grown men should never be caught crying in an athletic club...  unless they break multiple bones.  Damn Hallmark channel!

Only four pounds to my ultimate goal and two pounds away from my December 1 goal.  Maybe I can stay focused, not have another two week lull to start December, and actually beat my December 14 date.  Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment