Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm Back! 199.6/204.8/204.4/206.4

Miss me?  Well, I missed all of you and I missed this blog (and I know of at least one follower who e-mailed me to give me grief for not posting).  I had planned to blog while I was in San Diego last week.  But, I ended up having issues connecting to my brother's network and, to be honest, my vacation just got in the way!

I wanted to blog.  I really did!  I even have a plethora of subjects that I will be posting over the next few days.  But, let me start by summarizing the numbers above...

199.6 - That was my weight on Saturday, February 5, the morning that we left for San Diego.  I was feeling pretty good as I got on the plane heading to see my brother and knowing that, for at least the moment that I gave him a hug, I would be under 200 pounds.  That happened.  But I imagine that after my lunch a couple of hours later, that was the last time he saw me under 200.

204.8 - That was my weight on Saturday, February 12, my first weigh-in after returning from San Diego early Saturday morning.  I had gained 5.2 pounds and was surprisingly upbeat that it wasn't much worse. 

204.4 - My weight yesterday morning when I woke up sick as a dog feeling achy and queasy.  I spent the day sitting comfortably on the couch while catching up on a wealth of Tivo'd television shows that needed to be watched before we ran out of space!  Most of the day was spent watching Man Vs. Food.  Yes, MVF is still a favorite of mine despite the fact that it almost makes me ill watching him eat that much food when a year ago I used to watch and think to myself that "I could do that!".  Well, no more.  Now, I just root for Adam and am content knowing I could no longer even come close.  While I came close to skipping my workout, I ended up forcing myself and got about 50 minutes on the treadmill before I quit in a moment of exhaustion.  I had no appetite all day.  Which for me is still a rarity despite my success.  I ended up drinking a Myoplex shake and eating about an ounce of chicken.  That was it!

206.4 - This morning's weigh-in.  Seriously?!  I ate basically nothing yesterday and still gained 2 pounds.  I could have eaten another big meal in San Diego and gained less.  I guess watching 12 episodes of MVF is not much different than eating all day!  Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment