Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to each of you!  I hope all of you had as good of a day as I did!  Despite still not feeling the greatest, I wasn't about to call in sick on my first day in my new job.  Still with the same company, just a different role.  I like change.  And, I like new experiences.  And, given the changes I have made over the last year, a change in my job seemed only appropriate. 

I came home to a "heart" healthy meal that Lori had prepared.  No dining out tonight.  Lori wanted pizza Saturday night and because I was intent on getting back on the food wagon today, I made a deal with her to have our Valentine's Day exception on Saturday.  It was good.  But, tonight's meal was far healthier and I enjoyed it even more than the pizza.  The meal was accompanied by a beautiful card that Lori had handmade... from her "heart".  My gift was perfect as well... a "heart" rate monitor... something I had been eyeing over the last several weeks.  And, despite knowing that Lori really didn't feel like going to the club, I dragged her along to exercise our "hearts" and continue to increase our chances of many more Valentine's Days to come.  Sorry Lori, I know you think I am a little obsessive.  But, in the end, I do all of this for the right reasons... that is the best gift I could ever imagine giving you.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment