Thursday, July 7, 2011

212.4

I want to get excited about the last two days.  But, each time I have done that over the last two months, I have regressed just as I closed on the 210 barrier.  Each time I kept thinking, "Okay, it finally clicked and I am now back in a groove", only to be sidelined by a bad weekend.  I don't think that will happen this time.  I think 219 was a good enough wake-up call.  So, I am happy about my 2.8 pound drop and cautiously optimistic.

I have been really good the last two days and I am hoping to actually lose weight over the weekend and break a recent trend.  Lori and I are going backpacking in the mountains and I plan to burn a lot more calories hiking than I consume.  It would be nice to weigh myself on Monday and be back under 210.

Yesterday, my friend Will e-mailed me.  The subject of the e-mail was "Whoaaaaaaaaaa Big Boy." and the opening sentence was "What's up (besides your weight) Heavy A?".  That made me laugh.  I like when my old friend e-mails me for several reasons.  One, it's nice to know he still reads my blog regularly.  Two, he is a good motivator when I fall off the wagon and helps me not to go psychotic on those weekends where I gain a few pounds.  Three, I know that he has been through the same struggle and gets it.  He works hard during the week to minimize the damages from the weekends that he enjoys so much.  And lastly, and most importantly, he gives me shit!  He may offer up the occasional "don't worry about it".  But, I prefer the fat comments.  Will is one of the few who is more than willing to give me some tough love even if he says it in a joking tone.  And it motivates me.  I find motivation in any way I can.  So, yesterday he says, "You can get it back to 2 bills in about 60 days.  Stay motivated".  Now, he didn't mean that as a challenge.  He was being supportive.  But, I responded that I would do it in half that time.  So, I turned this harmless comment in to my own personal challenge.  In fact, last night I told myself that I didn't even need the 30 days and that 26 would be enough.  So, I have given myself until the end of July to get back to 200.  Thanks Will!

WTFYDANMENMWGYAIG, Day 2 - (2.8), Total - (6.6)

No comments:

Post a Comment